SAFED for Vans
The SAFED (Safe And Fuel Efficient Driving) for Vans programme began in 2006, and for a few years was part-funded by the Department for Transport (DfT). Through this course, both individual self-employed van drivers and drivers of small to large corporate organisations can improve their road safety, fuel economy and in some cases to reduce their fleet insurance premiums.
According to the latest published statistics recorded by SAFED trainers nationwide, a typical individual driving a van for business can benefit from:
- Fuel cost savings of around £500 per vehicle;
- Over a ¼ tonne reduction in carbon emissions;
- Reduction of fuel consumption by over 24% per vehicle;
- 34% fewer gear changes, reducing wear and tear to vehicles;
- 1.5% reduction in journey times;
- Improved safety, fewer accidents, lower insurance premiums, lower running costs and higher vehicle resale value.
“Becoming a SAFED driver makes business sense. As our pilot shows, greener, cheaper, safer driving is possible while still getting the product there on time”.
Alistair Darling (Former Secretary of State for Transport)
Additional Benefits to the Driver
- Reduced stress levels when driving;
- Increased confidence and enhanced satisfaction of driving;
- Improved driving techniques, reducing the chances of being involved in a crash;
- Skills can be applied when driving private vehicles.
Additional Benefits to the Company
- Staff and vehicle down time reduced;
- Significantly reduced fuel costs;
- Motivated fleet drivers who have received high quality training;
- Reduced running costs and maintenance requirements through improved vehicle sympathy;
- Reduced environmental impact;
- Improved resale value of vehicles.
The SAFED for Vans Course Format
The one day course is delivered to two drivers per trainer. Each successful participant is awarded with a certificate, and the company will also receive a full written report detailing individual results, including each driver’s approximate cost savings per year, based on using the SAFED techniques. All of our former business clients have been pleasantly surprised by the savings!
Please call us on 0800 849 6440 / 01457 810195 and speak to one of our training staff, who will answer any questions you have about the SAFED for Vans course. Alternatively, click here to fill in our online contact form and we’ll call you!
We also offer alternative courses, specifically tailored for company car drivers: